Pages

  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google+
  • RSS Feed

maandag 8 juli 2013

music: triphop

Geen opmerkingen:
 

So I went to the Best Kept Secret festival a few weeks ago, which was really fantastic, and I got to discover a new genre of music: triphop. Actually a good friend of mine used to talk a lot about her love for triphop, which I never understood but right now I'm convinced. It's such a great, timeless genre. I listen to it everywhere, it instantly creates some kind of calm atmosphere, without making you sleepy. I'm going to tell you something about my favorite triphop artists.


Portishead 
I have to start with Portishead. A few weeks ago I didn't like Portishead at all, but that's changed radically since I've seen their live performance at Best Kept Secret. It was fan-tas-tic. Really, I couldn't have imagined anything greater than that. Their unique sound consisting of a mixture of really deep bassy tones, some electronical mixing and a high, slightly echoing feminine voice really does it. Also the lyrics of their songs are very special and recognizable to me. The crowd definitely went crazy that day. Personally I like Portisheads new album Third the most, especially their songs The Rip, We Carry On, and Machine Gun. Just don't forget to turn up the bass when listening to Portishead.

Doldrums
I'm not sure if this is also part of the triphop genre, but Doldrums is just so great that I have to tell you something about it. Same as Portishead, it's kind of an older band, but that doesn't make it less cool. The sound is also kind of electronical, mixed with a slightly echoing voice. My favorite tracks are Anomaly, Copper Girl, and Egypt.


Lamb
After seeing Portishead live and discovering Doldrums (which I've also seen performing at Best Kept Secret) I started talking to a friend of mine and he suggested that I should try this band called 'Lamb'. I'm so glad that I got the chance to discover this artist. They already have a very varied discography, what makes them so very nice to listen to. They just don't get boring because they create songs that are unique. You definetely should listen to their album Fear of Fours. My favourite songs are Stronger, Little Things, B Line and Gorecki.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff